some chill positivity from a 1998 Sesame Street book about the letter F
So my facebook friend just posted this pic with this text….Well, I just witnessed blatant racial injustice with my own eyes. I was getting in my car after exiting a store when a young black man stumbled past me and collapsed against the store wall. When I got out to see if he was okay, a group of white people came rushing over, one of whom was a 20-something white woman who declared in distress, “I ran a red light and hit him with my car!” People immediately assured her that SHE would be okay, meanwhile the young man is writhing in pain on the ground, pants leg torn, tears running down his face. When the police arrived and the young woman explained what happened, it was suggested to her that maybe the light had been yellow and that the young man had “darted out into the street into her path.” I was floored. I said, “But she just SAID she ran the red light and hit him in the intersection!”
"OH MY GOD! THE CAR IS DAMAGED! YOU POOR CAR!"
Some white woman just asked me (awkwardly) for a foundation that was MY skin tone and red or pink lipstick because she was going to an Africa themed party.
Someone give me the strength to keep my hands to myself.
YOOOOO did she just ask…
I work at a makeup counter -_-
THAT BITCH IS GONE!
Literally pushed out of the store after leaving me with this little gem:
Manager: Ma’am, you cannot ask a black woman for the supplies for blackface-
Her: It is a COSTUME! Like, why are you being so damn difficult!? It is a party for AFRICA! I have to be black, OBVIOUSLY!?
Me: Can’t you be a lion or something? They live in Africa-
Her: Don’t be stupid.
Manager: I know your intentions, and we don’t do that here. Please leave.
Her: I’m really sick of you guys playing the victim here. You’re acting like I asked for a Hitler costume!
Me: Security, can you please do something?
Her: *being pushed out* I should have NEVER asked a nigger for help! All you people do is complain about everything and sit on your asses with no jobs, lazy people!
Me: You are AT MY JOB RIGHT NOW, you crazy bitch!
In short, I am REALLY over some white people today.
You handled that so well. Frankly, I would have had my foot in her ass.
WHAT THE HELLLLLL
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
if you dont have me on facebook you are probably not missing out on any posts but the comment section is important too lmao
I went to the Renaissance faire dressed as a warrior. I had a real sword with me, too. I was standing (in character) next to a sword-fighting ring, where kids of all ages got the chance to pick up a sword and challenge the champion. Some woman walks by, with her little girl. The girl starts walking towards the ring, saying she wants to fight. But the mom pulled her away hella sharply, and was like, “That’s for boys.” You don’t want to be a BOY, do you?” And the girl looked around and saw me. I think she thought I was a boy; I had my hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a hood. So she comes up to me and asks me, “Do you think girls can be fighters, too?” And her mom looks like she’s silently gloating. Like she thinks I’m going to say no. So I take off my hood, untie my hair so that it flows freely, and kneel before her. And I’m like, “Milady, anyone can be a fighter.” I swear, the look on that mother’s face made my day.
COULD NOT THINK OF A MORE PERFECT USE FOR THIS GIF <3